At Tiki Pets™, we have an anti-filler philosophy. How so, you may ask?
Numero uno: We aren’t in the business of simply filling bellies. Sure, our products help prevent “hangry pet syndrome”, but they also nourish cats and small dogs from the inside out with nutrition that’s formulated for their precise needs.
Secondly, because cats and small dogs don’t have large stomach capacities, they need to pack big nutrition into each meal, and every ingredient needs to work for them. Tiki Pets™ products use REAL, high-quality and whole ingredients, and each ingredient serves a specific nutritional purpose. No fillers.
So, let’s dive a little deeper, and learn why some of our ingredients won a spot in your pet’s belly.
Here are a few of the top ingredients that we use in our dry formulas and their benefits:
- Deboned chicken, herring, duck and lamb are high-quality sources of protein, which helps provide energy and promote muscle mass. Our foods put meat first and mimic cats and dogs’ natural prey diets.
- Chicken meal is chicken that has been rendered and removed of water and fat to become a concentrated source of energy-giving protein. Meat meals, like chicken, salmon, herring, duck or lamb meals, are high-quality protein sources, unlike animal by-products, which are never used in Tiki Pets™ foods.
- Dried egg product is cooked, dehydrated eggs that are highly digestible sources of protein, amino acids and vitamins. Our Tiki Cat® Born Carnivore™ for Kittens, for example, contains eggs to give kittens the high protein they need while being easy on tiny tummies.
- Chicken liver and other organ meats, like heart and gizzard, are packed with the vitamins and minerals cats and small dogs need – and the meaty, mouthwatering flavor they love. There’s no need for artificial flavors when a formula contains organ meats!
- Ground whole flaxseed offers omega-3 fatty acids, which helps support healthy skin and shiny coat, and decreases inflammation in aging hips and joints.
- Peas, lentils and chickpeas are rich in protein and fiber. They are nutrient-dense, grain-free carbohydrate sources that can help increase energy. Unlike white potatoes and corn, these carbohydrate sources do not easily turn to fat.
- Salmon oil is an excellent source of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids, which help promote healthy skin and coat and a strong immune system.
- Pumpkin is great for digestion and sensitive stomachs. It’s also a good source of vitamins A and C.
Now that you understand why we chose these ingredients, it’s time for you to choose!